Earlier in the term we tried to make bridges but unfortuantely only one was successful.
We tried the task again with students having to work in groups to make a bridge that could hold a toy car
We talked about how we could make our bridges stronger, looked at photos of bridges and discussed some of their features.
We set aside an hour to design, build, test and make changes to our bridges.
This time we were much more successful with four out of the six holding up the car.
We then evaluated our bridges and discussed with the groups what changes could be make for next time.
This challenge not only tested our design and making skills but also our teamwork.