In P.E with Miss Koch we have been learning how to play European handball.
It’s a cross between netball, basketball and soccer.
We have learnt the rules of what to do and what not to do.
There are 6 players in total, 1 goalie, 2 back liners, 2 front liners and 1 centre.
We have been practising passing because the ball is very small, dribbling, shooting and defending.
We play warm up games for half the lesson, then in the last 20 minutes we play a game.
The rules are
- Unlimited dribble
- You can pivot
- You can use your body to block your opponent
- You cannot take more than three steps with the ball
- You cannot attack your opponent
- You can’t pull or take the ball out of your opponent’s hands
- You can’t kick the ballYou can’t double dribble
- You can’t dive for the ball
- You have to be 3m away from the person throwing in throw-ins