Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for all their time, effort and support no matter how big or small. Anything you can manage helps!
We had ten active members on the Parents & Friends in 2012 and I would like to congratulate everyone on working so well together. I would like to make a special mention of Kate Butler our Secretary. Her time and efforts in 2012 made my job much easier!
The results of all our hard work are as follows:
- SYP Athletics Carnival $753.54
- Bulb Catalogues $353.50
- Meet a Mate $459.32
- Toy Catalogues $81.44
- Happy Little Mung Bean Soaps on going
- Primary Take Home Readers $719.80
- ANZAC book for Library $50.00
- Canteen Microwave $300.00
- School landscaping $1000.00
- Presentation Night Award $30.00
- CYP Little Aths
- Automatic Timing Gates $1000.00
Meeting topics for 2012 included:
- Guest speaker Principal Andrew Gravestocks talking about School and Staff updates, Kindergarten relocation planning, Sports Shorts and uniform policy changes and School Landscaping.
- Guest speaker Deputy Principal Beth Hector spoke to us about Literacy Workshops and Take Home Readers.
- Guest speaker Fiona Lee Colliver, our Bus Coordinator updated us on routes, rules and numbers on our buses.
- Our Governing Council Rep Janine Burrows kept us up to date with minutes and attendance at meeting with major topics being Ag Block Renovations, School Landscaping and Site Planning for 2013.
- Canteen Updates came from Teesh Linke Specials and Updates to Menu, Supply difficulties and the usually was more volunteers needed!
- Mr Tim Tuck (Primary School Coordinator) after many discussions from parents held a R/1/2 Parent Meeting covering concerns and issues in this area, along with brain storming from parents. This was very well done and worth while.
I have enjoyed being the President with a group of mums willing to help out. I hope you all have enjoyed keeping up to date with School Life and getting together doing our part in making a difference to our school and a nicer place for our children to be.
President, Parents and Friends