Student Representative Council
Week 9 was a busy and productive week for our key SRC Leaders. On Wednesday 26th March, Miss Sarah Atkins and I accompanied Lucy Rowe 6/7 M, Koby Polgreen 6/7KD and Lily Dyett 4/5S to the Adelaide Entertainment Centre to take part in the Primary National Young Leaders Day.
I Am Somebody
Secondary National Young leaders Day
Quotes of the day
- Dream big, impossibility is only someone’s opinion, not a fact. Daniel Flynn
- How would you lead your life if you had no fear? Daniel Flynn
- Empathy is at the root of all good leadership. Mike Martin
- Don’t let hurdles stop you, work harder if it’s what you want. Anneka Deaton
- Learn from the challenges. Julia Gillard
Thank you Miss Secomb
Thank you to...
What the money we raised could be used for:
- Feed a family of six for nearly a year OR
- Feed ten families for a month OR
- Feed sixty people for a month.
- Reception/Edginton: Playground Equipment at lunch time
- Year 1 Atkins: First Names
- Year 2 McCauley/Derrington: Playground Equipment
- Year 3/4 Norman/Moloney: Computers
- Year 5/6 Salmon: Sports Equipment
- Year 5/6 Davies/Hewitson: Water only to Drink
- Year 7 McLean/Tuck: Electricity in the Classroom
- Year 8 Hasting/Taheny: Casual Clothes
- Year 9 Townsend/Beeston: Processed Foods
- Year 10 Moore/Thomson: Jumpers
- Year 11 Koch: Classroom Lights
- Year 12 McPharlin/Rothe: Mobile Phones
Secondary School SRC
Primary School SRC
Primary School Captains: Olivia Dyett & Ben Smart
This week's PrimaryA ssembly was organised by the Primary SRC, with help from teachers Sarah Atkins and Helen Moloney. We also had some special guests from the Maitland Retirement Village joining us.
Each class presented a short segment highlighting some of the work they'd done in the previous term.
- The R/1/2s read stories they'd written
- The 3/4s gave a PowerPoint presentation
- The 5s showed off their artwork and played a tune
- 6/7T showed (or tried to show!) a stop-animation
The School Concert Band, fresh back from touring YP, then played some Christmas songs. Mr Tuck presented the merit cards, including a special one for conductor Debbie Schwartz for all her hard work organising the band.
Primary Leaders Charles and Bethany finished with a Christmas greeting. When the students had left the visitors were served afternoon tea.
On the 31st of October the SRC organised and hosted a ‘Halloween’ themed day at school. We had two haunted houses, one for R-3 in the vet room and the other for the 4-12’s in the sewing room. To enter we had to pay 50c. On the day we had Halloween canteen specials like creepy cupcakes, witches hats and spiders. All the food was a great success especially the cupcakes. Thanks to Mrs Polgreen and her helpers for running the canteen and to Donna for making the creepy cupcakes. We were very pleased with the number of students that participated in dressing up on the day, we were also pleased with the teachers that joined in as well.Over all we raised $480 and had a great day. We would like to say a big thank you to the Benyo family for organising all the props for both houses and setting them up and a thank you also to the SRC, teachers and canteen workers. The day was a great success and hopefully we can enjoy Halloween again next year!